(Image Credit: wikimedia.org)
If you have been involved in an accident which was the result of another person’s negligence, you may be getting phone calls or written requests from physicians, law enforcement, and, of course, insurance companies.
You may be feeling both frustrated and overwhelmed, and you may not know what steps you should take to ensure the best outcome.
This is a time when an experienced personal injury attorney can significantly relieve you of your worry and anxiety, helping you receive the compensation you are entitled to, and preventing you from inadvertently making a mistake early on which could derail your future case.
There are many reasons an experienced civil lawyer can make a huge difference after you your injury; some of the most important reasons include:
- Experienced civil attorneys have worked with insurance companies and know how to deal with them. Depending on your level of injury, you may simply want your medical bills paid and to move on with your life. The settlement most insurance companies offer an unrepresented plaintiff is usually going to be as low as they think they can get by with. If you have an experienced personal injury attorney by your side, however, the insurance company won’t be as likely to try to lowball you, and may offer a reasonable settlement which will allow you to put the matter to rest.
- If your injuries were more extensive, you need not only a skilled negotiator, but potentially an aggressive litigator to ensure you receive a fair settlement—an experienced personal injury attorney is both.
- An experienced personal injury attorney has dealt with cases like your before, and can expertly assess your case, then tell you whether it is worth it to pursue legal action.
- Although some people do attempt to handle their personal injury case on their own, it is rarely a good idea. There will be complex legal procedures, confusing medical terms, and piles of paperwork to contend with, in order to resolve your claim. Very few people are able to handle this on their own, plus attorneys usually have a team of investigators at their disposal to examine the technical aspects of your claim.
- An experienced personal injury attorney can look at your case objectively. It can be difficult for you to be completely objective regarding your accident. Your understandable emotions of anger, fear, frustration and pain can impact your ability to see the case as clearly as it requires. Many people, in the throes of such emotions, will accept a quick payout by the insurance company simply because they want it over and done with. Later, when medical expenses have far exceeded the settlement amount, it becomes clear why a personal injury attorney should have been consulted.
- Experienced personal injury attorneys have worked with other personal injury attorneys for a significant period of time. This is a clear advantage, especially during discovery when both parties are exchanging facts and documentation.
- Experienced personal injury attorneys are able to get the best settlement available. Since a settlement means you are giving up the right to sue in exchange for a specific payment, your settlement needs to fully cover your injuries and damages.
- Experienced personal injury attorneys can get the best jury verdict on your behalf.
As you can see, having an experienced personal injury attorney by your side can be critical to your claim. Once you hire a Mississippi personal injury attorney, he or she will deal with the insurance company on your behalf, meaning much less stress for you. Your experienced Mississippi personal injury attorney will ensure your rights are protected, that your case is filed well within the statutes of limitations, and that you receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and any other applicable damages. today at 1-601-948-1600 or 1-877-231-1600.